15 Sep Expert’s advice on relaxing & retouching your hair
When retouching your hair, it is advisable to choose a hair relaxer that is gentle on your hair and scalp. Relaxers may come in regular or super strength. Understanding the texture, porosity and overall condition of your hair before choosing a relaxer will help you in selecting the proper relaxer strength for your hair.
What to know before relaxing your hair
- Read product direction before use.
- Do not use permanent hair color 2 weeks before and after relaxing your hair.>
- Wash and Deep Condition – This will help to improve the hair condition and optimally prepare the hair for healthy relaxer application service. Note: this should be done within one or two weeks prior to relaxing.
- Avoid scratching or irritating the scalp – Scratching the scalp can lead to sores and scalp abrasions which may cause scalp burns and severe irritation while relaxing.
Good to Know?
- Don’t apply to previously relaxed hair (Apply relaxer to new growth only in case of retouch).
- Ensure your stylist does a strand test. Ensure your stylist applies barrier crème to hairline, the nape area and any known sensitive area.
- Ensure your stylist part your hair into four equal sections.
- Ensure your stylist does not apply relaxer directly to the scalp.
- Ensure your stylist rinse hair thoroughly until hair is free from all traces of relaxer, then shampoo with Natures Gentle Touch Silky Neutralizing Shampoo.
After Relaxing the Hair
- Shampoo and deep condition again 3-7 days after chemical application to help restore the hair to its optimal condition. Also moisturize regularly to prevent dryness.
- Do not fix or braid your hair for at least 2 weeks after chemical application. As your hair is still too fragile and cannot withstand tension caused by fixing or braids. Contrary to this may lead to hair breakage.
Our Kit Contain
- One instruction sheet
- Silky Neutralizing Shampoo
- Deep Conditioning Treatment
- Leave in Treatment.
- One pair of gloves.
- One wooden spatula.